Monday, July 17, 2006

Catch Up!

I've been a *MAJOR* slacker lately with my blog! I was getting so good where I would post EVERY day & now look at the # of posts for July! Pitiful!

So... what's been going on?! - you ask!

Lil' Tad just had his 4 yr old check-up. He had to get 4 shots & it was quite an ordeal! I had to hold him down & the nurse how to help me! Poor baby!! This was probably the worst of them all... esp. since he's older now and knows it was coming! He had a reaction to them this weekend - some spots on his tummy & chest plus ran a slight fever. All is better today now, as far as the fever goes, but still have some splotches. They don't seem to bother or itch him, so that's good. He also had his 1st hearing & eye test and all was perfect, of course! :) My little man weighs in at 39.2 lbs & is 41.5 inches tall. He's just growing, growing, growing!

On a sadder note, my grandmother passed away on Friday morning. She has been sick for awhile & has been on oxygen 24/7 for quite awhile, so it wasn't a complete shock, but sooner than expected. My Dad has had a really hard few days... I hate seeing him so upset. It breaks my heart. <3 She had a great 75 years - married to my grandfather for 57 years - raised 6 children and had 15 grandchildren & 8 greatchildren.

And then... to make it worse, my uncle had a heart-attack Saturday morning. (My dad's brother) He's in ICU for now, but expected to get out tomorrow, but spend the next 4-5 days still in the hospital. So needless to say - if you could spare a few prayers for my family - they are definitely needed!

Tad started Vacation Bible School tonight. He got a little scared by "the knights carrying swords who were trying to take away our coins!" And his teacher said he was in tears, but after a detour out to look at the donkeys & goats (set up like a stable in Bethlehem) he was just fine! :)

My 10 year High School Reunion is this weekend!! :) I'm excited to see (almost) everyone! I can't believe it's already been that long since I graduated... just doesn't seem possible. I wonder how much I've changed to other people. Probably not much!! LOL I'm still crazy ol' me - just aged a bit!! ;)

So let's see if I can stay on top of this thing! Someone kick my butt if I don't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Casie! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and uncle. I know this must be a hard time for your family. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I can't wait to see you this weekend. Have a good week!

Lisa