Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday 13



1. I guess I've just been in a blogging funk lately. Not sure. Plus it's been a busy summer. Not really sure what my excuse is!

2. "It's raining... it's pouring! The old man is snoring!" YAY! We are finally getting some much needed rain today! Hopefully it'll cool it off around here & we'll actually get to play outside! This 1 million degrees weather isn't cutting it!

3. My little sister had her 1st sonogram yesterday and I was so glad I got to be there w/her! How amazing to see a growing, thriving, living thing inside of you! Wow! And it was wiggling all over the place. Awww! Notice I said... "it!" It's still too early to determine the sex. Maybe I should've said "he/she". ha! Her new due date is Feb. 10th! I'm WAY excited to be an Auntie! :)

4. Three of my friends celebrate a birthday today! Happy Birthday girls!

5. My 10 yr HS reunion was last weekend. I had a great time! I was glad to see everybody who showed up and glad we did the "alternative" reunion route. We had a BBQ in the backyard of one of my friends who lives right out of the town we graduated from. The *main* reunion seemed really lame & was $200 per couple! Ummm... nope! So... we threw together our own reunion & had an awesome time! She even made picture frames for everyone that said "LHS Seniors 96 - The CHEAP 10 Year Reunion" I love it!! *thumbs up* I even stayed up until 5am Sunday morning! Now that's really saying something for me! ha! :)

6. I think we are on the house-hunt again. Something small & simple. And a nice, fenced yard is a MUST!! Send all the **goodvibes** you can this way that it is a quick, easy, & painless process! I can feel the stress creeping in already! *sigh*

7. I have GOT to get my haircut! I'm going on like 6 months now! Shhhh!! I know!

8. My parents booked our Vegas trip for Lil' Sis' wedding in September. We'll be staying for 4 nights at the Monte Carlo. Hubby is not thrilled about the # of days we are staying. He wanted to stay longer so we could do our own thing a few days w/out everyone else, but as usual - it was too much trouble (you know I'm a HUGE troublemaker!! heehee) to try to book the days my parents were paying for and the extra days we wanted to stay... BLAH-BLAH-BLAH...

9. But on a better note - Sis found a wedding dress that she loves & ordered it yesterday! YAY for her! :) I know she's relieved to have that out of the way! I can't wait to see it. It's not a traditional, white dress... but almost "mocha" colored she said.

10. It's now 9:30 & Tad is still snoozing away! Lazy bum! ha!

11. I have no idea what our weekend plans are?? Hubby's cousin & g-friend are suppose to be staying w/us... so I wonder what hubby is planning on doing to entertain everybody?! I really wanted to make it to Six Flags Over Texas this summer - and that's closer to where his cousin lives, so maybe we should switch the weekend plans and stay with THEM!

12. SIL leaves for college in 20 days. Hubby is sad... but she's only going to be less than an hour away! And he gets to travel that way with work pretty often... so she's really not "leaving" IMO. :)

13. Tad had his picture taken at school yesterday. It's the yearly "dress-up" picture - and this year's "costumes" were: Dalls Cowboy jacket & hat w/a football helmet as a prop for him to rest his hands on - (my parents are going to love this one! Die-hard Cowboy fans!!); A soccer jersey, visor, and soccer ball as the prop (definitely going to be hubby, SIL, and MIL's fav); A camo hat, jacket, and a duck; and a navy suit w/red tie & he was holding a copy of Money Magazine! Very cute! :) I can't wait to see them! I'm sure I'll buy them ALL! :)

Happy TT!

10 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Great list...congrats on the new neice or nephew. Life with a 4 year old is reason enough to be busy. Thanks for droppping by.

Warm Fuzzies said...

I've never been to Vegas, but have always wanted to go. I'm with your hubby...I would want to stay to cruise on my own a little. Great TT! Have a super day!

Kelly Curtis said...

We've really needed rain too. Glad you got some as well.

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Anonymous said...

Send some of that rain my way!

My husband is a cowboys fan too. I keep reminding him we live in TN, he should be a titans fan? when i lived in australia for a while, everyone there knew of the cowboys, but none of the other teams.

Carmen said...

Vegas is popular with the 13rs today. :) It's the best city! Though I personally think that 4 days is plenty. After a few days you're just in Vegas overload.

Anonymous said...

we are hunting for a house too, we are looking to rent though. Goodness, I will be having my 20 year reunion comming up soon, scary.

my list is up

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Happy Birthday to your 3 friends celebrating.
My T13 is up too finally.

YellowRose said...

Congrats on becoming an aunt! I liked the idea of the alternative reunion! Very cool!

Happy Thursday, mine is up!

Susan said...

Hooray for being an aunt!!! I love that, too!!

I'm late, but my TT is up here. Have a GREAT day!!

Anonymous said...

never been to vegas,either. I'm sure you'llhave fun! good luck on the house hunt- have a fun weekend.