Thursday, June 1, 2006

Thursday 13


13 Songs of the Summer


1. Wipe Out - The Surfaris
2. Escape (Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
3. Kokomo - The Beach Boys or ANYTHING by The Beach Boys
4. Summer Lovin' from Grease
5. School's Out - Alice Cooper
6. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
7. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
8. (Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
9. Summer Of '69 - Bryan Adams
10. Boys of Summer - Don Henley
11. Happy Together - Turtles
12. Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
13. Summertime - DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




18 comments:

Renee said...

I love all of those songs. Especially Summer of '69! Bryan Adams is great. My TT is up now.

Amy The Black said...

Boys of Summer is a great song. Every time I hear it, I'm transported back to summer in the 80's. But in my mind, it's closer to the end of summer.

YellowRose said...

Excellent songs for the summer!! Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett just says summer, does't it?

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Anonymous said...

Those are all great songs! The Beachboys do have great summer songs.

I'm up.

Ashley said...

jimmy buffet and the beach boys...it just makes me wanna go to the beach!

the lizness said...

absolutely anything by the beach boys. I heart them.

MaR said...

Great list! I love "School's out", Beach Boys and "I can see clearly now", wonderful! happy TT, let's sing and dance :)

Sarah said...

Great! Now I have that song from Grease stuck in my heag. Great list!

Sonya said...

I love all of these songs. They are so much fun.

My T13 is up!

Anonymous said...

Escape makes me think of when I went with my parents to Florida on vacation. I was 18 and I met a lifeguard.

-tnchick- said...

Ha - math wasn't hard, was it?

I haven't heard Wipe Out in such a long time. I love many of those songs!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I think I know 6 and 11. The rest I really am not sure till I hear them.
My T13 is up too.

MaR said...

Hi again- driving age is 18 over here, we are in Spain :)

LibertyBelle said...

Imagine me and you - I do, I think about ya day and night...
What a super wonderful summer list!
Great TT.

My Thursday Thirteen is up.

Changed by His Love said...

I have had #5 in my head since school got out last week, since the radio station played it for the whole last week.
Thanks for visiting my TT!

MaR said...

If you still want to see my black sandals: a pic is posted now. Happy weekend!

Wystful1 said...

I'm a singing kinda gal, so I know and love all these songs.

Frances D said...

I know and love them all.
Great list.
Now I'll have summer songs going round my brain all day!
LOL
Take care,
Frances