Monday, June 5, 2006

weekend & swimming

I can't believe it... but I haven't been online since Friday night! WOW! It's not b/c we had a really exciting weekend or anything, but did have some things going on. I watched a couple of movies this weekend:

Two For the Money - It was alot better than I thought it would be... and Matthew is such a cutie! (And my hometown boy! Woohoo!)

Rumor Has It - VERY CUTE movie! Hubby slept through this one (he was asleep BEFORE it started!) but I think he'd like it, too! You gotta see this one if you haven't. :)

Saturday, we decided to get a few things for our upcoming trip! (12 days & counting!!!!) Ended up spending almost $300.00 - A pair of Crocs for everyone ( a MUST HAVE for the beach!), lots of suntan/sunblock lotion, bug spray, Pepto tabs (you never know!), beach towels, walkie talkies, batteries, snorkeling gear, beach toys, juice boxes, & few things for around the house. It adds up FAST! And of course, you can't have a family outing w/out grabbing some yummy Mexican food while you're out! :) Sunday - we took Lil' Tad out to my parent's to practice getting his face/head under water again. It took a little while to get him used to the water - but a few hours later he was walking around in the shallow-end (I can't believe he's tall enough to touch already!) without his floaties! He even jumped off the bottom step & swam to his Daddy a few times WITH his face going under a little! WOW! A big accomplishment for him! He was sooo proud of himself, as we were of him, too! YAY! WTG little man! :)

P6040082 copy
P6040099 copy
P6040089 copy
P6040103 copy

And today was 1st day of swimming lessons! First thing out of Tad's mouth when we got there... "I'm scared, Mommy!" Awww! But the instructor pulled out a bucket of "swim buddies" (little figurines that float!)and Tad was gone! :) I snuck out so he really quick & peeked out from behind the house! He did really good - although he still wasn't too sure about getting his face wet, but he did a few times! I'm confident that he'll be my little fishie by the end of the week!

No comments: