Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things I Want To Do While In Vegas


1. Eat some good food! A few recommendations from friends: Emeril's Delmonico Steakhouse, Picasso @ the Bellagio, Mandalay Bay buffet and the Buffet at Paris! You can't go to Vegas and not eat at one of the *boo-fays!* ;)

2. Play some slots! I'm not really into any of the *card* games. (I've never played penny slots like Carmen talks about! I've played nickel slots though!)

3. Check out the view from top of the Eiffel Tower. I've heard the view from there at night is amazing! (Paris hotel, of course)

4. Hubby wants to check out the Poker Room at The Mirage. It is suppose to be the LARGEST! (woohoo!!)

5. I thought I wanted to check out Red Rock Canyon, but a few friends said that they preferred the Valley of Fire better. (I need to check & see how far away they are!)

6. Free Drinks!!

7. Sleeping In!! (I can't tell you the last time I did that!!)

8. Since my little sis is getting married and all... we MUST have a Girl's Night! I'm not sure if we're going to hit some of the clubs/bars or maybe go the cheesy (but FUN!) route & watch The Thunder Down Under! (ohhh-la-la!)I think we'd have a blast... and esp. since my Mom & Aunt will be with us! The looks on their faces would be PRICELESS I bet! ha!

9. Another cheesy thing - but I think I want to check out Madame Whoever's Wax Museum. I've never been & I think I'd have fun snapping away w/my camera! This might be the CLOSEST I get to a celebrity! :)

10. Floating in the pool. The Monte Carlo has a lazy river... and being lazy sounds right up my alley! (The weather says the high is in the 90's, so warm enough for this Texas girl!)

11. Area 51. Another fun photo opportunity. I gotta get a picture by those signs!

12. And that reminds me that I want to get a picture in front of the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign! las_vegas (I meant to get one of me in my wedding dress in 2001, but you know... I guess I had other things on my mind when I was actually there! ha!)

13. Another photo one. I want a pic of me & hubby in front of Little Chapel of the Flowers, where we got married almost 5 years ago in November. ♥ (and my sis is getting married in the same one! All together now... AWWWWWW!!) Maybe I should have titled this T13 as... "13 Things I Want to Take a Picture of While in Vegas!" :)

Leave your link if you played this week! :)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 comments:

Cat. said...

OOH! Vegas is a riot--have fun! You can't help it; the place is amazing.

Raggedy said...

Great TT!
That sounds like so much fun!
Enjoy!
Happy Thursday
My list is up

Ali said...

must...go...to...vegas....

Carmen said...

ok, Delmonicos is a must! it's pricey, but worth it. The Paris breakfast buffet is the best buffet in Vegas. Hands down.

Mandalay Bay has the most penny slots. :)

The Eiffel Tower around sunset is awesome. You can see the bellagio fountains from above. I got some great photos from there.

Red Rock Canyon is 20 minutes away, Valley of Fire is an hour away, Area 51 is two and a half hours away. :)

If you want to sleep in, request a room far away from the elevators. drunk morons make it hard to sleep.

Get a photo by the vegas sign! But do it during the day. Night pics are hard with all the neon. :)

I'll look forward to hearing all about it!

Anonymous said...

ahhh, sounds like you're going to have a great time!!!

K said...

Sounds like you'll have a great time in Vegas! Enjoy!

Renee said...

You're really making me want to hop a plane to Vegas now!
Hope y'all have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous!

Lindsay said...

I wanna go with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im a texas too, IU could just hop right in your bag :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome list. :) Vegas sounds like so much fun. :) Enjoy your trip! :D

Twisted Cinderella said...

Have a GREAT time! It sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm green as a frog now, from all the envy ;-)

That sounds just TERRIFIC!!!!

I think I'll save this one as tip's if I ever will go over there...

I'm sure you'll have a marvelous time.

Candy Minx said...

Oh I love Vegas have a great time. My favourite having drinks ushered out to me at the pool. ah...and I loved driving out to area 51, but it takes a while.

Have fun!
Candy
here is my TT list...

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/09/thirteen-things-i-can-do-to-save-world_14.html

Anonymous said...

Never been to Vegas. Have fun.

CozyMama said...

east texas huh!! I have been out that way. Used to live in Arlington.

-tnchick- said...

Umm, you left out one importnant thing!

*Take Jamie

BlondeBrony said...

What I wouldn't give to go to Vegas!

Michelle said...

I dont play, but I just had to add my two cents. I love Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The show is better at night (maybe for girls night!) And I love the light show downtown! Those are two of my MUST in Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Vegas. Wish I was going too. :) Excaliber is great too. And the Lexor!

Mine's up.