Wednesday, August 31, 2005

In a funk

I think everyone is just in a funky mood this week. Several times today i've thought - "Is it ONLY Wednesday?! Ugh!!" I'm sure it has to do with the gas prices and Katrina - along w/our everyday life's stresses on top of it all. It's alot to take in. I'm also wondering about the moon - has it been full the last few nights? Usually when we have full moons - it's crazy at school. The kids just act different - really hyper or cranky or moody. It's been a bit chaotic lately. I couldn't wait to get out of there today - and I hardly ever feel that way. Not in a long time, at least. And then I feel selfish for worrying about my petty issues when I think about all of the families that have lost everything w/the flooding. They don't have homes anymore or everything is ruined inside. They aren't working, their kids are out of school, their lives are totally upset down. I can't even imagine. I should be grateful. And really I am. I'm just ready for everything to settle down. For everyone. *sigh*

But I do have some good news. Cameron had an awesome day today! YAY! He walked into his class today w/no troubles (he's been hanging on to my leg & pouting lately) and said "Hi" to his teachers and friends and sat right now and joined the others at a center table. :) I checked on him around lunchtime & he had a great morning. He also went down for a nap today w/no problems (wow!) and slept almost 2 hours. (double wow!) This afternoon I got the same report about him being a good boy.
That just makes me feel so good. I let him pick out a "reward" at the grocery store - and he had a Scooby Doo popsicle after dinner tonight. :)
He started to throw a fit b/c I wouldn't let him have 2, but finally gave-in after he figured out that it wasn't going to happen. LOL

Well, tomorrow is a new day. We'll see what happens. :)

No comments: