Sunday, August 28, 2005

Weekend at Giggy's


We (Cam & I) got home from Wichita Falls (visiting my grandma, aunt, uncle, & 2 cousins) around 4pm today. Shane is nowhere to be found - I guess he's 4-wheeling! His cell goes straight to voicemail so left a few messages.

Anyway - we had a good time visiting. The trip there & back went pretty good. Cam was in an okay mood and Johnny's laptop entertained him for a few hours - Shrek2 and Spongebob DVDs.

We got there around 6pm on Friday. Ordered some Stanley's take-out (famous for their beanie burgers) but I stick to the chicken fingers, gravy, and fries. :)

Cam was hard to settle down - and finally had to put in Scooby Doo - but watched the whole thing before he fell asleep - around 10:45pm! *yawn*
Up at 8am - ate some cinnamon rolls & orange juice, got dressed, and hung out until 11:30am or so then headed to my Aunt's for the day.
Everyone hung-out outside around the pool. Cam had fun swimming and didn't want to get out! Imagine that. Tyler really played w/him alot - and Cam says Tyler is his "best friend" now! So cute! I was impressed how much patience Tyler had with Cameron - that's not very usual for a freshman in high school - esp. a boy. They rode scooters, attempted the pogo stick, played with plastic animals, ran around outside on the sidewalks, and played "tennis". Cam had a blast and I think he wore Tyler out!! ha!

As for the grub - it was great as usual. Uncle Mark grilled some shrimp on the grill for an appetizer and we had some guacamole (sp?), salsa, onion dip & chips. Yum. I love guac!!! :) For dinner we had chicken fajitas - double yum!! Cam didn't really eat good - which surprised me. But who knows! He was a whole different child the whole weekend pretty much anyways. Talk about whiny!!! OMG! He was worse this weekend than he's ever been! Goodtimes!! *rolling eyes* This will pass... this will pass! I keep telling myself!! ;)

It was good to see my Giggy. She was doing much better this visit than last and barely had to use her walker. I was happy about that. She's lost alot of weight though - and is looking much older these days. She was very happy to see us though - esp. Cameron and just laughed at him. I'm glad we were able to come up to visit w/her. I know she cherishs the time spent w/us and vise versa. Cam wanted her to come back with us to Longview - when we were leaving he said to her "Come with us, Giggy!"
It was sweet and I think it made her day that he "wanted" her. :)

I could go on & on about how tootie fruitie Cam was this weekend - but I won't. Crazy - that's a good word. He definetly wore me out w/his behavior! *sigh*

Until next time ~
Me

No comments: