Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Well, I made it through Open House. It went great & we had a really good turn-out! I was glad about that! I'm excited about this school year w/all of the improvements of the school. It's really looking nice & we have some awesome teachers right now! YAY! :) Hopefully after school "officially" starts next week - things will calm down some. It's been totally crazy & of course, Regina (owner/director) & I have been stressing ourselves out by making sure everything is perfect & in order, etc. But all of our hard work has paid off b/c Open House was a success! :)

Regina & her hubby took us all out for dinner at Papacita's (yummy Mexican food!) after Open House last night & it was nice to talk w/all of the girls w/out any kiddos! LOL Hanging w/friends, chips & salsa, and a refreshing beverage - it just doesn't get any better! :)

On another note - Cam didn't have a good morning at school. He yelled at his teacher, wouldn't sit in time-out, and stuck his tongue out! *sigh* Ms. Lauren took Cam to the office to talk w/Ms. Regina - and she asked him if he wanted her to call Mommy (I was out running errands for the school) and he said "Uh-huh!" and she said - "Do you want me to call Daddy?" and he said "No!" ... So she called Shane, of course. He came up to school and talked to him & ended up swatting him, as well. :( I hate that we've been having to spank him lately - but that seems like the only way to straighten up his stubborn little self. :( I'm thinking about going to Walmart tonight to get some type of paddle or flyswatter b/c we hate that we have to use our hands. Shane & I had a big discussion about it a few nights ago - the pros & cons about spanking, what society thinks about spanking, the whole nine yards. We're hoping that we can just threaten to get the so-called paddle off the top of the fridge & that will be enough to calm him down. My Mom kept a flyswatter on top of the fridge growing up - and all she had to do was reach her hand up - and we straightened up in a blink of an eye!! LOL She maybe actually had to use it on us like less than 5 times.

So - no flames for spanking my child - but that's what works for my family & what we believe in ... as a last resort, of course & NEVER when we're fuming mad or upset.

Anyway - apparantly Shane's little appearance had an effect on Cam b/c he was WONDERFUL the rest of the day - according to his teachers.
I went on & on about how proud of him I was for being behaving good the rest of the day and how happy that made me, etc. He smiled and hugged me and said - "I was a very good boy, Mommy. I got a sucker & a happy face!" :)

My little stinker. He's so dang cute & sweet - but BOY - he loves to push those buttons!! LOL He definetly takes after his Daddy!! ;) He's Shane made-over!!

No comments: