Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday 13 #14


Thirteen of Froggie Mama's Favorite Quotes

1. "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Theodor Seuss Geisel

2. "Be yourself. Who else is better qualified." Frank J. Giblin II

3. "Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you." Elbert Hubbard

4. "Life ain't always beautiful. But it's a beautiful ride." Country songwriter Gary Allan. Mrs. Fun also likes this quote as it's in her blog title! :)

5. "There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: one is roots. The other is wings." Hodding Carter, Jr.

6. "You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any." Bill Cosby

7. "Don't frown. You never know who is falling in love with your smile." Author Unknown

8. "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." Comedian Rita Rudner

9. "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." Phyllis Diller

10. "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

11. "If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I'll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home." Anonymous Teacher

12. "Children seldom misquote. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said." Author Unknown

13. "Peace begins with a smile." Mother Teresa




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin #9.

My list is up!

Lyn said...

Thought you were changing it to T14 - lol, it's your 14th 13th thingy. Great quotes, btw, Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp

Tink said...

Great quotes! I added most of them to my favourite ones.
My TT is about pets this week.

K said...

I like your list!! #1 is one of my all time favorite qoutes!!

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

THose are really great quotes, most i haven't before.

Anonymous said...

dang it posted before i was done.
I do love #4, its so so true. I remind myself of it when i get frustrated.

Cindy Swanson said...

Wonderful, wonderful quotes! The Elizabeth Stone one is SO true. Great TT.

Anonymous said...

#9 that's just SO true. Great quotes all round. Thnx for sharing!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these-I really like them :)

Sarah said...

Great quotes. I've heard many of them before and they speak truth. I did quotes in my TT too. Great minds think alike.

Anonymous said...

Great quotes! I love # 9. My TT is up!

Heather Smith said...

Those are great quotes! I especially like that one about how kids quote things word for word! So true!

Mama Kelly said...

I love that Phyllis Diller quote!!!

YellowRose said...

I love these, especially #5 & #7, it's something I have said to my daughter!!!

Happy Thursday, my TT is up!

Julie said...

#11 is my favorite. As a former preschool teacher, I have heard all kinds of crazy home stories from my students :)

Shaylondon said...

Absolutely love #9. I feel like that everyday. My TT is up

Renee said...

I love #9, so true!

-tnchick- said...

I hope you don't have the memorized... I can't even name any quotes ROFL

Samantha said...

I also did "My Favorite Quotes" as my T13 this week!! At least we didnt choose any of the same ones LOL You should come over and look :)