Thursday, August 3, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


13 Upcoming Events & Random Things About Froggie Mama


1. I'm planning a wedding shower for my little sister. We leave for Vegas on Sept. 16th! I really need to get invitations out early next week! Eek! I haven't even started!

2. My friend, Traci's, wedding shower is this Sunday. She's going to get married in the Bahamas in September. I think getting married on the beach is the PERFECT way to do it! :)

3. Back to school & Open House for my Pre-School is the first part of Sept. I can't believe how fast the summer flew by! Wow! I'm about to be BUSY-BUSY at work!

4. I'm planning hubby's 30th birthday in October. I want to throw a birthday bash for him this year since he's getting sooo old!! hehe I'm thinking about asking my parent's about using their house... well, mostly their backyard b/c it's HUGE. And we may can still use their pool. It'll probably still be in the 90's in October! ha!

5. We should be getting a call any day now about whether or not they need hubby to be the Coach or Assistant Coach for Lil' Tad's soccer team this season. Hubby really just wants to be the Assistant - but the lady who does the registration acted like they were short on Coaches and since Hubby has a soccer background (played from 4 yrs to 18 yrs old!) he would be perfect. I know hubby doesn't want all of that responsibility - ordering uniforms, setting up practices, etc. and you know that *I* will end up doing just as much work, too, being the Coach's wife.

6. Soccer season officially starts Sept. 9th. Lil' Tad will be playing Indoor Soccer the first few years & I think they actually play outdoors on the field when they are 6 yrs old. I can't wait for the games! Tad is sooo excited about it and has already been practicing every night with his Daddy in the front yard. He thinks that he's really cool wearing his soccer shoes & shin-guards. It's too cute!! :)
soccer7.31.06 (2) copy

7. We're still on the hunt for a new house. Hubby found a nice house in the country for sale, but it's vacant right now & not sure how to reach the owner. One of hubby's co-workers said that he talked to the owner when she had a garage sale about a month ago & she's was offering a REALLY, REALLY good price for the home & land. We haven't been inside the house yet - so not sure if there is something hidden that we don't know about - but thinking that it is just TOO much for her to take care of by herself since she's older. We'll see how it works out. If not... we'll keep on looking!

8. I can't wait for my sister to find out what her baby's sex is! At her last sonogram it was still too early - so I'm hoping they do another one in a few months!! ha! It'll probably be closer to 26 weeks or so - but I can't wait that long! :) I'm kind-of hoping for a boy... so that we'd both have little boys - but I also think it would be neat to have a baby girl in the family. So really... I don't care! I'm excited either way!! :)

9. We're on the hunt for a new photographer for the school. I haven't been very impressed with our current one & I know alot of our parent's feel the same. Heck, I know I could've done a better job than he did... and I'm sure not a professional. My boss actually mentioned something to be about taking some this school year - but I'm not quite ready to get into all of that. Plus I'm waiting to get a new camera first before I start anything like that. But - if we don't find a new one by the first of September, I'm going to take their Back To School pictures. We usually just do something simple anyways with a desk, chalkboard, and an apple - and I think I can manage something like that. I have NO idea what to charge though, etc. so I will have to look into all of that, for sure.

10. I can't wait for the Fall TV line-up to begin. I'm ready for my Grey's Anatomy & Desperate Housewives night! Even though I heard they are moving Grey's to Thursdays! Hmmm... that's going to just throw me all off! ha! Yeah, okay... TV really isn't that important, but I'm addicted... what can I say!!

11. Hubby may be looking for a new job. I think he's tired of his current one and has made little hints here & there. I think he's ready for a change & he's ready for more challenges. There really isn't much room for promotion in his current department and I don't think he's being appreciated like he should. We may be e-mailing his resume this weekend to a few different companies. Wish him luck!

12. I think I write this down (or at least think about it!) on EVERY Thursday 13 - but I really need to get in shape! I'd love to lose AT LEAST 10lbs. I know I'd feel better myself! Plus I have some really cute jeans that I want to fit back into this Fall. I'm weighing about 15 more pounds than I did before I was pregnant 5 years ago - so I need to do it now before I get pregnant with #2 or I'm really going to have some work to do later!!

13. My 5 year Anniversary to my hubby is in a few months. I had planned on going on a trip somewhere since it's been 5 years. (And then we'd go somewhere again on our 10th, 15th, 20th, etc.) But with our trip to Vegas next month, I'm not sure what we'll do! Maybe we can just spend a weekend away in Oklahoma & rent out a cabin again. That was nice! :)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

Crazy Tired Working Momma said...

My lil sister just had a little boy, and it felt like we waited forever for her to have her sonagram. I completely understand how hard it is to be patient :) Good Luck!

My TT#3 is up!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're very busy!!! Good luck on the home search. :)

Carmen said...

Take a little time when you're in Vegas to enjoy Vegas. OK? :)

Renee said...

Wow! You ARE busy! My life is seeming really dull right about now.

And INDOOR soccer would be great! We always suffer with rain and cold, windy weather during soccer season.

Anonymous said...

Wow you've got a lot going on!

The Tempest said...

I got married in Vegas. It was a lot of fun. Though I don't know if it was 'official' since Elvis didn't sing. *grin*

My TT is up too.

Mama Duck said...

Awww, sounds like you are keeping busy! Great list, thanks for sharing ;).

Raggedy said...

You are really keeping busy..
Good luck with the house hunting.
Congrats to your sister on the baby!
Anniversary plans sound great!

My TT is up

Froggie said...

Sounds like you are going to be having a busy busy fall coming up! Wow! Good luck with the house hunting. I've never owned my own (want to some day) but I love looking.

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.