Tuesday, May 2, 2006

in with the new...

And out with the old!

We (okay... really just hubby) finally got our new hot water heater installed and working yesterday afternoon. We ended up just pulling out the carpet in the hall and it's sitting on our curb waiting to be hauled away this morning. It was seriously so drenched in water... there was no saving it! Nice concrete slab in the hallway now, but we'll get it fixed later. At least the smelly carpet is gone! YUCK! And we have hot water!! YAY!

We put our pool table in the classifed ads (1st run was this morning) and by 8:30am -we've already had 10 calls! WOW! Hubby & his friend are going to move it to Tadpole's playroom for easier viewing tonight when he gets home - so guess what my job has been all morning?!? Cleaning out Tad's playroom to make room for the pool table & cleaning out the gameroom that the pool table is currently located in so it would be easier to transport from room to room. I've been working my booty off for the last hour & a half straight (not even 1 sip of coffee *sigh*) and hubby calls & asks what I'm doing & WHY I am on the computer?!?! Can I NOT take a break and have my much needed cup of coffee?? Arrghh!!

So on that note - I better get back to shuffling things around the house!
I'll have to "play" later! :)

**Edited to add: Pool table is SOLD! A guy met hubby here during his lunch break & gave him $100.00 more in cash to hold it until 6pm tonight! Woohoo! :)
Oh, and hubby apologized for the "why are you on the computer?" thing. He was just worried I'd run out of time before work... which didn't matter b/c the guy came over to the house before we could move the dang thing to Tad's playroom anyways!
*hitting hubby w/a stick!* All that hard work for nothing!! Oh well... the gameroom and playroom are squeaky clean now! :)

1 comment:

Strong Enough said...

I am so glad that you got the water heater fixed. You don't know what you got till it's gone! LOL GET BACK TO WORK IF YOU ARE READING THIS. Lol!